This past weekend me, my 5 sisters, my mom and one of my sister's baby took a little trip to Las Vegas. We all attended Time Out for Women at the Cashman Center. This event was originally scheduled last February, but the weekend it was supposed to be held, President Hinckley died and had his funeral scheduled for that exact day. We were all kind of bummed because they canceled it. We had all of our arrangments made and then had to cancel them all, for a very important reason -the passing of our prophet. Anyway, they rescheduled for this past weekend. Again, I was bummed because this was homecoming weekend - the biggest game of the year and also Kelsie had been asked to Homecoming and I really wanted to be there for her. She decided to have one of her friends help her with her hair. She really didn't want me to do her hair, anyway. I've always had short hair because I know nothing on how to do cute hair. So I am glad she found someone to help her. She also promised me that she would take pictures for me, which I think her friend's mom did. So I decided to join my mom and sisters in Las Vegas. We had a wonderful time!!! Time Out for Women was wonderful. There were so many great presenters and musicla guests. The host was Hilary Weeks. She is so funny and such a great singer. Another favortie of mine was on Friday night Jason Deere and his band performed "Joseph: A musical tribute" and "Trek: A Musical tribute to the Pioneers". Itwas such great music. I recommend the CD to anyone. I've already got my girls listening to it. Another great presenter was Amanda Dickson. She is a KSL radion talk show host and she is hilariously funny! She had the whole audience laughing. Carolyn Rasmus, who is an author, couldnt be there because she had pneumonia so Virginia Hinckley Pearce took her place and she gave a presentation on prayer. It all was really, really good. For all you people near St. George, Time Out for Women will be held next November (2009) in St. George. We are already planning on going.


The event was held at the Cashman Center in North Las Vegas. We sat in the balcony and had great views!

Before we left the hotel we took a walk out in to the gardens and pool area. It was beautiful. There was a huge wave pool, a lazy river, and 4 different lagoon pools. It was amazing. There were also sand beaches where you can lounge around. Really cool. I wish we could have had an extra day just to enjoy the pool area.


Me standing in front of the wave pool.

Kim, my mom, Jennifer, me, Brittani, and baby Madilyn in front of one of the lagoon pools.


My crazy sister, Heather. We went to Taco Bell for lunch and she ordered a kids meal. This was her prize.
We had to tease my mom. She got these bright pink pants on clearance at Wal-Mart. They were her "Sunday pants" because she likes to wear comfortable clothes on Sunday. Well she did wear them Sunday which is when we came home, but they were really bright. If you can't read the saying on her rear it says"Social Climber" -and that she is. She likes to wear the same clothes as the younger gals and thats okay because it makes her feel young. We just like to tease her once in a while. We all love that she feels so young. Anyway I was so happy to be able to be with my sisters and my mom. I have such a good time every time I am with them. I love them all so very much! Thanks sisters for going with me! PLan on next November!
2 comments:
I'll plan on it!!!! I had a lot of fun too!! THANKS for getting the tickets!!!
Hey Tiffini wants an invite to your blog
Post a Comment