Saturday, December 13, 2008

BUNCO

Yes, I am in a BUNCO group. We are going on 5 years now. We started a tradition last year that instead of having BUNCO during the month of December, we would take a day and go to St. George and go shopping all together. Well yesterday was the day we went. We started out meeting at 2:00 pm at the elementary. One of the ladies' father has an old suburban that we took. It has a lot of memories that are too many to list. Anyway, there were 8 of us that went down. Our first store was Kohls. We spent about 1 1/2 hours there. Probably too long. They had a lot of good deals. We saw a lot of Kanab people there. Our next stop was Olive Garden. I really didn't want to go there because I always make myself sick from eating too much breadsticks and then by the time your meal acutally gets there, you are full. So last night all I ordered was salad and breadsticks. Everyone else made themselves sick. We were there for 2 hours!!! Our next stop was the mall. I had some coupons to use at JC Penny. Last family home evening our lessson was on service and we decided as a family that we would get an angel off the tree at Foodtown and everyone pitch in whatever money amount they could to help this child have a nice Christmas. After our lesson, we drove down to foodtown and got a angel for a 9 year old boy. I really want to instill in my kids that it is better to give than to receive. I really wanted for them to go with me and get the stuff, but they neededit all back by next Wednesday and there is no way that we could have all gone down by then. So I picked up the stuff and they will help me deliver it and help pay for it.
We were in the mall for about an hour until I saw that the stores were closing. It was only 9:00!!! I thought for sure that they would be open at least until 10:00 on a Friday during December!! We were heading toward one of the main doors when the security guy told us we couldn't get out that way and that we would have to go out the emergency door. Well okay, I guess if that was the only way out.
Our next stop was Target where I did most of my shopping. We were there until they closed, which was 11:00 pm and then they kicked us out. Our last and final stop was good ole Wal-Mart which is ALWAYS open. For being so late at night, there were sure a lot of people still out and about. Tired and all shopped out, we left Walmart about midnight. As we were leaving we ran in to a lady from Kanab that was just starting her shopping. WOW! I wonder what time she got home. On our way home while driving through Hurricane with shopping bags piled high to the ceiling (you wouldn't belive how many bags you can stuff around and still have room to sit) we got pulled over by a cop. We seriously weren't doing anything wrong, but we might have looked suspicious we an old suburban filled to the max with people and "stuff" after midnight.he pulled us over for not having a light on the license plate. Do old suburbans even have lights on license plates? One of the ladies said,"We're just moms heading home after a long day of shopping!" I think he just wanted to know that we weren't illegal aliens or something traveling late at night. Well we got home around the same time we got home last year, 2:00 in the morning. I got my stuff all loaded in my car and headed home to find out that I was locked out of my house!!! I gave Kelsie my key last time we went out of town and I never got it back. I really was planning on sneeking in real quiet not waking anyone up but that didn't happen. I started knocking on the back door hoping someone would hear me. My next plan was to call Jay's cell phone if no one came and opened the door when the door opened. Jay heard my knocking, thank goodness. I will now go make a new key for me to have on my key chain. I had a wonderful time with my friends and look forward to next year which we are already planning and maybe spending the night instead of getting home so late.

0 comments: