Thursday, March 5, 2009

Phantom

Yesterday I went with the high school music students to Las Vegas to see Phantom of the Opera. We took the school bus as far as Mesquite and then transferred to a charter bus from Mesquite to Las Vegas. We stopped at the Boulevard Factory Stores to eat dinner and then headed to the Venetian to the Phantom theater. Our seats were pretty good. I was a little worried that Kalin was not going to like it because of the opera singing in it, but after the opening song and the chandelier going back up, he kept saying how awesome the show was. I really enjoyed it. After the play, we were able to have a question and answer session with some of the actors. The girl that played Christine, the guy that played Raoul, and the girl that played Carlotta stayed and answered questions. It was really interesting. We were on the front row so they were standing right in front of us answering questions. They were all awesome singers!!! I was really glad that I went even though we got home at 3:00 in the morning and had to go to work and school the next day. They school excused all the kids first hour and left the parents to decided after that if they wanted their kids to sleep or go back to school. I let Kalin and Kelsie stay home until 4th hour and then they had to be back to school. I think all the kids had a wonderful time and it was a great experience to be able to ask the actors questions. Thanks Merilee!

2 comments:

Brittani Terry said...

Did you see my friend Ben in it? He is the understudy for Rauol. He is also part of the ensemble.

Gull Family said...

your kids are growing up so fast