Wow! It has been a long time since I posted anything. Things were pretty crazy for a while. Between work, going to school, YW president duties and being a mom, I was pretty stressed out for a while. I was sure glad when the semester was over and I could concentrate on other things. I was taking 13 credits which is almost full time but not quite. Anyway, I am glad that semester is over! This next semester I am only taking 7 credits which will be better and they are both online. So..... this post will be kind of long, but I just put some pictures on what we have been up to the past month.
The girls also had their Winter dance recital. They are both such great dancers! I was put in charge of the stage decorations. What a crazy week that was! My mom and dad came for a visit to watch them perform at their recital. They also performed the night before at a high school basketball game.
Brown Family Christmas party
My family always gets together every year the Saturday before Christmas for a party. We usually have had it at my parents house, but since they don't really have a house anymore, we had it at Heather's church. We had a nice dinner, played games, opened presents, and it wouldn't be the Brown party without a little basketball of which they played for over an hour! Most were very sore that next day.
The night before our party, we had my mom's family party. It was great seeing cousins that I don't get to see very much. We always have fun at the Bone Christmas party.
The kids spent Christmas at their dad's house this year which is a real bummer so we decided to spend Christmas morning at Sasha's house and watch Ta'Kara open her presents. She was very spoiled! AFter that Jay and I had decided to head up north to stay with Wendy and Steve for a couple of days. My parents were also up there. The kids were going to be gone for a few days and it is just not the same when you don't have a lot of family around you so we decided to visit them. We had fun playing games and ate WAY to much! Thanks Wendy and Steve for letting us come. It really made it feel like Christmas being with family.
Ta'Kara opening her presents. She got WAY to much! but that is how it is when you are an only child.
The kids came back the Tuesday after Christmas and that is when we opened our presents. I think the kids were okay with what they got or what Santa brought them.
Kalin got new shoes and money to buy a new clutch for the truck that his uncle gave him.
Kelsie got a new hair dryer that she has been needing, some harry potter books and movies that she wanted and Twilight Scene It among other things. She plays a lot of games with her room mates. It was great having her home for a couple of weeks. I won't see her as much now that i don't have to travel to St. George every week for classes.
Hope everyone had a safe and fun new years! We went out to eat, rented a movie and then watched Dick Clark do the countdown.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment