I have been extremely busy this week. Tuesday, we had our Enrichment night which I was kind of in charge of. Our theme was "Women of the First Relief Society". We learned a lot about the beginnings of the Relief Society and some of the past presidents. Did you know that it took 3 years to write the R.S. declaration? That of the 50,000 women that were involved in the Red Cross during World War I, aproximately 47,000 of them were from the Relief Society? That Emma Smith threatened to leave Joseph because he had a bar in the house? We learned about these questions and many other interesting facts. We also dresssed up in our pioneer clothing had about 50 ladies turn out We had a wonderful night. I am glad it is over because I have been stressing over it.
Kelsie attended Region Solo and Ensamble at Dixie State yesterday. She has really been nervous about this performance. I have yet to hear the song they performed, but Kelsie said it was in another language which made it "really hard" and "not a song a sophomore should have to sing". I guess they did really well because they get to go to state next month. Merilee would know how well they did. I really wanted to go, but couldn't get away from work. Anyway, Congratulations Kelsie!! Yahoooo! I'm hoping maybe I can hear them sing the song someday.
Back to Blogging
12 years ago

2 comments:
Kelsie was awesome! I heard the group rehearse many times and Kelsie just wouldn't sing - but then at the performance she did it just right. The song was in Romanian! It is a very difficult piece. Her group really did a great job! They had a really tough adjudicator and he thought they were great too.
I'm excited to see you all at EASTER!!!! 1 more week!!! It seems like it has been a long time since I've seen you!!!!
Post a Comment