Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lariette Review

We went to the Lariette Review last night (Saturday). We try and go every year even though we don't have anyone in Lariettes. It lasted about 2 hours, but was really enjoyable. I think the best part is at the end when they have the dad's of the Lariettes perform a dance. Most of the time it is gut wrenching because we laugh so hard. It is awesome!! The dad's do such a great job and they are such good sports about it. Kelsie sang with Xpress toward the beginning of the night. They did a great job. Also the Lariettes do a dance number with their escorts. This is also hilarious to watch. They get so wild. One time during their dance the guys got in a circle and were throwing some of the small guys up into the air like cheerleaders do. I was so scared for those guys. A guy in our ward got tossed up and almost did a back flip. I had to hold my breath, I thought he was going to land on his head! I asked Kierra if she wanted to be a lariette when she gets in high school and her reply was, "I don't want to have to dance with boys. That would be embarassing. They might drop me!" She was right about the dropping part. I give credit to these boys who had to do some pretty hard lifts. It was like they were on Dancing With the Stars or something. Some of the girls almost got dropped and have some pretty good bruises from their practices. It was a fun night!

Kelise performing with Xpress

Merilee conducting Xpress. She always does a great job.


The dad's in line waiting for their turn to jump! WOW!!

This is our stake president in the sunglasses. He is actually one of the best dancers because he has had a lot of practice. He is on his third daughter in Lariettes. All the dad's were great!

0 comments: