Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday thought

I have been reading a book about the second coming. It is really interesting. It is about an LDS lady who died while on the operating table and was with Christ and he showed her a "window of life" and some of the events that were going to happen in the future. She asked why she was given this information and she was told that we, the people needed to know, and that the information she was given "would save lives". Some of the things were a little wierd and I'm not sure what to think about them, but the book had a good message about being prepared. Here is a thought that I really liked:
"We cannot go on thinking that nothing will ever happen to us, but we need to remember that we are saved throught Christ and only through Christ. Fear is the killer. the devil loves fear. If there is fear, there is no faith. Faith is the key, knowing that Christ is with us always, and will help us get through tough times in His own omnipotent way. We cannot always understand why things are the way they are, we can trust him to help us through anything, in His own perfect timetable."
"With the Lord by your side, nothing is scary. He can be your best friend. He is someone who loves you perfectly, absolutely, just the way you are right now. He offers no judgement, no matter what you've done or not done. All He has in His heart for you is pure love, so boundless that He died for you.

Our lesson in Relief Society was on repentance and I thought this went right along with the lesson. Just wanted to share! Have and awesome day.

2 comments:

Brittani Terry said...

Are your kids coming for our EASTER festivities on Saturday! I hope so, because I haven't seen you all forever!!!

Craig - Bnfl said...

I love checking out your blog, it is great! Thank you for taking the time to create and update this, it is a great way for our extended family to get to know each other!
Take care,
Craig Mickelson
www.bnflguy.blogspot.com