Tuesday, August 5, 2008

No More Glasses!

After going through 3 pairs of glasses in the past couple of years, we decided that it was time for Kalin to try contacts. So yesterday I took him into the the eye doctor and we got him in a pair of contacts. It took him a while to get used to them. At the eye doctor, it took him about 10 minutes just to get one of them out. He kept saying he couldn't do it. The doctor kept telling him that he doesn't have to wear them - that he can just keep on wearing glasses. It was very frustrating. I just had to look away. I wore contacts for about 15 years so I knew what he was going through. I am so glad I got Lasik surgery a couple of years ago and don't have to wear glasses or contacts anymore. It was the best investment I could have made! Anyway after being at the eye doctor for an hour (yes it took him that long to learn how to put them in and take them out) I took Kalin home in the contacts and he seemed fine the rest of the day. Now, hopefully, we won't go through too many pairs of contacts!

1 comments:

Tiffini said...

I have always been interested in the lasik surgery! I am allergic to the contact solutions, and I know how Kalin felt trying it forever! I'm a whimp maybe someday I'll brave it up for the surgery!