Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lagoon - Utah Olympic Park

Friday


Lagoon

As we were leaving Park City, the skies were cloudy and it was sprinkling a little bit. We were wondering if we should wait until Saturday to go to Lagoon, but I came prepared bringing our Sea World ponchos if we needed them. As we got nearer to the Farmington exit the skies just turned mostly cloudy but no rain. It turned out to be a beautiful day. It was cloudy most the morning and the sun came out mid afternoon. It was perfect. We got a little hot at times, but that is when we rode the water rides . We stayed until closing time and headed back to Park City. We all had a great time and the lines weren't too terribly long. Here are a few pictures:

Wicked was probably one of the more scary rides. It was a roller coaster that shot you up at a 90 degree angle and then back down at a 90 degree angle. When I first saw it I said "No way!" But then I got talked into it. Everyone but the twins went on it. It was scary but WAY fun! We ended up going on it twice.


This was the girls second favorite ride. It went around and around really fast with loud music playing. They loved it! I probably would have gotten sick.




This was Kierra's and Kennedie's favorite ride. The "white" roller coaster which is the original wooden roller coaster. We went on it about 5 or 6 times.


We went on the log ride and then rattlesnake rapids after that. I don't know if you can tell, but we got SOAKED!!!! It felt really good because it got kind of hot. We ran into my sister Heather and her family in Pioneer Village. I didn't know she was going to be there until the day before we went. She went with some of Brandon's family. She took the picture of all of us in Pioneer Village. We had a great time at Lagoon but I was really glad to get back to the condo. I was starting to get sick with sore throat and congested. How awful is that to get sick while on vacation.


SATURDAY

Saturday morning we kind of slept in after a long day at Lagoon. We then drove to the Utah Olympic Park which was only about a mile from where we were staying. If you have never been there, it is a fun place to visit. There is a museum, which is free, you can walk through. They have lots of pictures of the 2002 Winter Olympics and some of the costumes that were worn in the opening ceremonies. The coolest part was seeing some of the actual medals that the athletes were given.

















Every Saturday some of the athletes that are training there put on a show. We happened to be there at the same time. It was really cool!







After the show we headed over the zip line and alpine slide. Me, Kennedie & Kalin rode the zip line. I did the Extreme Zip line which was a little higher and longer. I ended up waiting up at the top for about 45 minutes because it started sprinkling and they shut it down when it gets wet. While I was up there waiting I was able to see where the athletes did the long ski jumping. It was amazing at how high they start and how steep the jumps are.
Jay, Kierra, Kalin, and I rode the alpine slide down the mountain. It was really fun! I remember my mom and dad bringing us to the slides when I was a teenager and riding them. Actually, the alpine slides we rode were over at Park City Mountain Resort and the Zip line was at the Olympic Park. As part of renting the condo, we were given 4 free tickets to the slide so after we were done at the Olympic Park we drove over to Park City Mtn. Resort.
After eating a very late lunch we went back to the condo. The Tanger Outlet Center was within walking distance so Kalin, Kelsie and I went and did a little school shopping. By the end of the day we were all pooped!

Sunday we got up and drove home. We had to go home by way of Provo Canyon because I-80 was closed going west. It was a prettier drive anyway. The kids were able to take pictures of Bridal Veil Falls which they thought were really neat.

0 comments: