Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008

Well our Christmas was very different this year. Terry wanted the kids for the whole Christmas so they were gone from Tuesday until tonight (Sunday). It was really hard having them gone. Christmas Eve we were invited to Jay's parents house for dinner. I was so glad they decided to get together because that was our only "normal" thing for Christmas. We also had Sasha, Barry and Ta'Kara came over for about an hour before we went to the Mickelson's for dinner. Jay and Sasha wanted me to open my present early. I didn't really want to at first, but they insisted. I couldn't believe what Jay got me. He always gets me the best gifts!!! It was a new digial camera!!! A Nikon80. I was so excited!! I have been wanting a new camera for a while now. My other one is about 3 years old and would take blurry pictures. I really enjoy taking pictures, but my camera would not cooperate with me taking them. It was so frustrating!!! Anyway, he also got me a couple of filters and a 70 - 300mm zoom lens. It was awesome!!!



Christmas morning we slept in until about 9:00. We just kind of hung around hoping maybe the kids would be able to stop by, but they never did. Tuesday after the kids left, Jay and I decided to go to Las Vegas for a couple of days. We left Christmas afternoon and stayed until Saturday morning. We stayed at Circus Circus (probably never again). The rooms were okay, but there were so many people there and we (caucasians) were the minority there. It was almost as if we were in Chinatown in Mexico. So many people!!! Why don't people stay home for Christmas!! Anyway, the next day, we went shopping at the factory stores and the Fashion Mall. WOW!! talk about a lot of people. I think there were more people in the mall than there are in the town that I live in! I did find a few good deals. That night we went and saw Blue Man Group. They were really good. The did have a few slow moments, but for the most part, very entertaining. I hated to see the show end.


We also went to the Bellagio. They always have great garden displays. During Christmas, they have a big Christmas display where they had a huge lighted tree and snowmen , gigantic reindeer made out of chestnuts, and hundreds of poinsettias decorated everywhere.





Saturday morning we headed back toward home, but made a stop in St. George and did a little bit more shopping at Target, the mall, and our last stop, Wal-Mart. By the time we were done, we were soo pooped! We got home around 6:00 pm Saturday night. We really had a good time in Las Vegas. Of course, I always wish the kids could be with us. We actually saw a family that we knew down there. They took their whole family to see Blue Man group. It was good to see someone we knew down there.


Well the kids are back and they opened their presents and I will post about that at a later date (Kierra is not feeling well - stomach thing).

0 comments: