Sunday, February 8, 2009

We are home!

We had a wonderful time in California and spent three days in Disneyland. I don't know how anyone could spend longer than that. Three days were plenty. Here is how our trip went:

Tuesday

We left after schoool around 4:00 pm on Tuesday and headed south. We stopped in St. George and had dinner at Arbys then headed out again. We reached our first stop at Primm, NV around 8:00 that night. Anytime we have gone to California, we have stayed in Primm at Buffalo Bills. It is almost the half way point to Anaheim. And the best part about staying there this time was that the room was only $5.33 plus tax. Can't beat that!!! Also when we got there, we were given 4 free tickets to see Little River Band who was performing at the resort that night. I've heard of them, but can't think of any of their songs. We ended up not going because it had already started and we didn't want to walk in late. I've never been to Buffalo Bill's on the weekend, but during the week it is pretty dead. They also have a huge roller coaster that I have been on before, but was closed this time. It is an awesome ride. We ended up going back to our room and watching American Idol.



Wednesday - the girls 10th birthday!!!!!! Happy birthday to them!!!!



We woke up early, sang happy birthday to the girls and headed south again. We had to be out of there before 10:00 because on Wednesdays they close the freeway at Primm south to Baker, CA for road construction. So if you are heading that way anytime soon, be aware that they do close the southbound freeway for a couple of hours on Wednesdays. We stopped at McDonalds in Barstow for breakfast and then next stop...... Disneyland. We arrived in Anaheim around 1:00 and were able to check into our motel which was located right across the street from the Welcome to Disneyland sign. I told myself that if I were ever going to take my family again, we would stay as close to the entrance as possible in case we wanted to go back to rest or if we needed anything else (which we did many times). Wednesday weather was great!!! When we got there it was 82 degrees and sunny. PERFECT!!!!! It was actually a little hot if you stood in the sun. We stayed in Disneyland until it closed that night which was 8:00 pm.



Happy 10th birthday Kierra and Kennedie!!!!!


This year at Disneyland, you can get either get in free, or get a gift card in the amount of a day's ticket which is $69. So they both each got a free $69 gift card to buy whatever they wanted (excluding food) and a button to wear that said it was their birthday. What a great deal!!!! All day long people were telling them happy birthday. It was great!!!




The first ride that we went on was the Indiana Jones ride. The girls loved it and that is all they wanted to go on. We had to remind them that there were other rides in the park.



Tom Sawyer's island. I have never taken the time to explore this island. the girls loved it! As you can see in this picture, I am wet. We had just gotten off Splash mountain and I had to sit in front!! I was soked and my hair was flat the rest of the day!





Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. This was a train roller coaster. Lots of fun. The great thing about going this time of year, plus it was the middle of the week is that there were no lines!!! I think the longest line we waited in was about 20 minutes. Some rides were were able to walk right on. It was great!!! I will never go on a weekend or holiday.














We were able to see Fantasmic which is a water show over the river. We even had pretty good seats. I've never been able to see this yet. Either it has been too crowded or it has been raining. And on this day, it was neither!


A fitting way to end the day. Sleeping Beauty's castle. When you wish upon a star........
Stay tune for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday......

3 comments:

Tiffini said...

No fair that you had great weather!! Looks like Disneyland was much funnier than Disneyworld!

Amanda and Carter Blackham said...

How fun!! Looks like you guys had an awesome time!!

Mills Family said...

I am glad you had a good time!! I can't wait to go to Disneyland. Steve and I were going to go put found out I was pregnant so that was out for a while. Tell the girls Happy Birthday!