Thursday
Thursday started off great. The skies were partly cloudy and we only needed a light jacket. We had magic morning passes so we were able to get into Disneyland an hour earlier than the gates opened. Our first ride was Finding Nemo. I have never been on this ride. It was quite interesting. Jay said he got a little claustrophobic in the subarmine, but me and the girls really enjoyed the ride. We went on a few more rides in Disneyland then headed to California Adventure.

Thursday morning at the entrance to Disneyland.
Space Mountain in Disneyland. I do NOT like this ride!!! For any of you that don't know what this ride is - it is pretty much an indoor roller coaster IN THE DARK. I didn't mind the in the dark part, what I didn't like is that you can't prepare yourself when there is a turn and jerk or when you are going down hill. I get motion sickness and I forgot to bring some dramamine and this ride kind of made me sick. And then at the end they flash this bright light to take your picture and you are about blinded! As you can tell in the picture above, Jay and I weren't having too much fun. The girls loved it so I guess that is what counts.

This was another favorite ride of the girls - the Matterhorn. We went on this ride several times over the couple of days we were there. It is one of the original roller coaster rides in Disneyland.
We spent most of Thursday at Disney's California Adventure.

This is Kennedie and Jay going on California Screamin which is a fast roller coaster. Kierra didn't want to go on it because it was starting to sprinkle and she didn't want to get wet (or so she says) so I stayed with her and we watched. Kennedie loved it!!!
After this ride, it started pouring rain!! I mean pouring! We came prepared with our ponchos and umbrellas so we were okay and continued on. It rained off and on ( mostly on) for the rest of the day. By about 5:30 we got tired of the rain and we decided to go back to the motel and eat dinner at IHOP which was just in front of the motel. After dinner, we didn't want to just sit in the motel room , which was very small ,and it was still raining and Disneyland closes at 8:00 on Thursdays so we decided to go see a movie. Downtown Disney is a really cool place. It is right by the Disneyland Hotel and has many different shops, including a two story build-a-bear that the girls HAD to go to and spend some of their birthday money. After that, we went and saw Inkheart which, I thought, was a pretty good movie. By the time the movie was over, the rain had finally stopped! YEH!!
1 comments:
How fun! I want to go again and take Paityn. She got left out last time! My kids love Disneyland.
Post a Comment