Kierra and Kennedie have been wanting to go fishing so the last time we were in St. George, we bought some junior fishing poles. Then on Friday, Jay decided he wanted to go fishing up by Duck Creek and since we would only be 25 minutes away from Brian Head we also decided to just spend the night there after fishing and also spend Saturday night as well. My mom and dad were going to be there along with Jennifer and her family. It was supposed to be a nice relaxing weekend, except it was only that way for some of us. We spent a couple of hours fishing at Aspen Mirror lake near Duck Creek Friday night until it got too dark. We drove on to Brian Head to the cabin. When we got there my mom had dinner prepared for us. It was then I started feeling a little dizzy. I blew it off thinking it was just the altitude change. As we got into bed, my head started spinning or should I say, the room started spinning around me. I was just hoping that it would go away while I slept. WRONG!!!! I tossed and turned all night and every time I tossed, the room spun. The next morning I woke up to everything spinning around me. The whole day was the most awful day that I have ever experienced!!!! the slightest movement of my head would make me dizzy. Well Jay decided to take the girls fishing while I rested or tried to. I didn't want to ruin their fun. My poor mom and dad were pretty worried about me. We tried everything from dramamine to peppermint oil to ginger tea. Nothing worked. So I sat there with my head cocked to one side for hours until the dramamine kicked in and I was able to sleep for a couple of hours as long as I kept my head in one position. My dad suggested that maybe I should get up and walk a little and he called me a little old lady because I had to hold onto his arm so I wouldn't fall. This was a very bad idea. Very bad idea!! I didn't walk very far until I got very nautious! I thought I was going to die!! My dad ran and got me some bags that I could throw up in and I sat there trying to take deep breaths. I did not want to throw up. I think I could count on one hand the times that I have thrown up in my life and I was not going to throw up especially while my dad was standing there watching me. That episode lasted about 5 0r so minutes - I just had to sit very still. If any of you have ever had vertigo, it is the most awful feeling. To describe it would be if you have ever been on a roller coaster ride and that feeling that you have when you first get off - you know sometimes you walk sideways because you are so dizzy - anyway, it is like that all the time only worse. It lasted all day Saturday so we decided to come home Saturday night instead of Sunday morning. I was really worried that I would not make it home without getting nautious so I took more dramamine and the ride home actuallly went quite well. As for today (Sunday) I woke up still a little dizzy, but at least I can get up and walk around. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better. I'm glad the girls had a good time fishing for their very first time.
We saw these bucks as we were pulling into aspen mirror lake. They were just off the side of the road.
Kennedie taking her turn at fishing.
Kierra turned into a pretty good little fisherman. She didn't catch any fish, but for her first time, she learned how to cast and she almost caught a couple of them. She had a great time.
Saturday Jay took the girls to Navajo lake to do some fishing. They had invited one of their friends to come with us. They were gone fishing for 4 hours, but came back with nothing. Oh, well. Maybe next time!!

2 comments:
I feel so bad for you!!! I get Vertigo very often, and have even been tested to find the cause. Unfortunately they did not find why it would happen. I have pin pointed it to too much sun, or eating to much salt, so I try to avoid those. It seems to work. It knocks me down just like that where I can only lay on my right side for hours! I hate it and know just what you were going through. My Mom always said Grandma Bone use to always get vertigo.
Grandma Bone used to get sick like that to. She would be in bed for a day and then be ok. And yes we would still like you to do mindi's pictures. It is August 1st at the church on telegraph and the wedding starts at 5 then she wants some pictures taken and the reception at 7
Post a Comment