Lake Powell was great!! I want to thank Steve and Wendy for inviting us. We had a wonderful time! We were there for 6 nights that went by REALLY fast. The houseboat had 4 bedrooms and 2 baths in it. I got to sleep in one of the rooms because I was there the entire time. The room was kind of small, but it had a bed in it and it was one of the coldest rooms which was nice because it got to at least 108 degrees out there. We did a lot of tubing, knee boarding, w
ake boarding, skiing, swimming, and jumping off the houseboat and going down the slide that was on the back of the houseboat. The only part I didn't like about the whole trip was the first day and the last day - packing and unpacking. The houseboat was located about 200 yards (or more) away from where you park so everything you bring- you carry. They did provide some carts to carry your stuff in, but a weeks worth of things, it required 3 carts to pull our stuff in 100 degree heat. As I was pulling those carts, it reminded me about the pioneers pulling their handcarts and all that they went through. Yes, when I was done pulling my carts, I was able to go into the nicely air conditioned boat. So as we approach Pioneer day, I just want to show my appreciation for all those pioneers who sacrificed so much for all of us.
By the end of the week we had a total of 30 people there. My whole family was there minus Heather, Brittani and their families and also Jeff's wife and her two kids. It was nice not having to go somewhere to do something like a regular vacation. We were able to relax and enjoy each other's company. We got to know Steve's kids better and that was great because we don't get to seem them very much. They are great kids and everyone got along great! It was nice having Kim's family there because they are moving to San Antonio, Texas in a couple of weeks and who knows when we will see them again. My kids are very sad about this. Here are a few pictures- I actually took about 800 pictures but I will only post a few. Thanks again Wendy and Steve!
More pictures to come.....

2 comments:
SOOOOOO jealous!! That looks so relieving in this weather! How lucky for you guys!
I'm really sad I missed out!!!! Maybe next year when my kids will be a little older!
Post a Comment