Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween fun

Strings Concert
The girls had their very first strings concert. They started taking lessons at the beginning of the school year. They o 3 days a week at 7:15 in the morning before school starts. A coupe of their friends are also in it. They love playing and were very excited for their first performance. Since it was Halloween time, they got to dress up in their costumes. Amazingly, for only playing for a couple of months, they all sounded great!

You could barely see Kennedie's face. She had her had down kind of low. They both looked very cute and did such a great job!

Halloween


Knnedie grabbed the biggest pumpkin that I bought and decided that would be the one that she carved. She started out with a really small face and then it got bigger and bigger. It turned out really scary!

Kierra helped me carve two pumpkins, but only got a picture of this one. She did it all by herself. It is kind of nice that they are old enough to do this by themselves and not have to worry too much about cutting themselves. They were very careful.



I wasn't going to dress up. It had been a crazy hectic week and I was pretty tired, but Jay made me feel guilty because I always dress up. So i put on the easiest costume I could find. My mom made this scarecrow costume a couple of years ago and I have never worn it. She is so talented!





Kierra was a vampiress. She decided not to wear the white make-up tonight. Doesn't she look cute with short hair?




Kennedie was a monster girl. A very cute monster girl.






The girls had their friends come over and they all went trick or treating around the neighborhood. After that, they went to one of their friends house and watched halloween movies until 11:00 which they thought was really cool because I usually don't let them stay out that late. They had super fun!



P.S. I know there are a lot of spelling mistakes in this post. It wouldn't let me change them without typing over what I had already typed and I didn't want to type it all over again so just deal with it!



2 comments:

Britt said...

I just have to admit that I started crying while reading your post. It made me realize how much I miss family and all our get togethers and our parties. I know, lame.....but I miss you guys. I miss that we hardly get together anymore. Anyway, great costumes. Love you guys! Love the family picture too.

Mills Family said...

I LOVE YOUR FAMILY PICTURE, it cracked me up, I also love the look on Jays face as he is choking you, you looks to be enjoying it. I hope you are feeling better, looking forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving.... LOVE YOU!