I HAVE A LOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO SO WE WILL START WITH THE LESS RECENT:
Valentines Day
The first few weeks of February were not good for me. I was sick with sore throat, cold, congestion, loss of voice, and then it turned into strep throat. And then, when I was finally feelling better, I got Vertigo again which lasted for a couple of days. I was so sick of being laid up and not being able to do anything. I hate just sitting around doing nothing. I am the type that if I am watching television in the afternoon, I am most likely folding clothes while I am doing it. Anyway, kind of in between my congestion crap and strep throat, jay and I took a littleearly Valentines trip to Salt Lake to see a Jazz game. They were playing the Lakers which turned out to be a terrible game, but we enjoyed it anyway. Jay's niece and her husband joined us and we all had fun. I was still not feeling well, but drugged myself up and we went anyway. The next morning, Jay and I attended a session at the Salt Lake temple. We have never been there and can I say what a great experience we had!! It is such a beautiful temple! When we woke up that morning, it was snowing and we were going to have to walk to the temple which was a block away and again, I still wasn't feeling well, but I was NOT going to let anything stop me from attending this session!!! We borrowed an umbrella from the front desk of our hotel and promised to bring it back and made our way over to the temple. What a beautiful morning it turned out to be!! Everything seemed so peaceful and bright amidst the snowfall. It was beautiful!
President's Day Weekend
I was feeling a little better so we decided to head on up the my mom and dad's for a night. I had planned on going for the whole weekend, but plan's changed when I found out I had strep throat so we went up Sunday after church. We stayed the night at my mom and dad's then drove up to Brian Head where we spent the day. It was such a beautiful day. It had just snowed a couple days earlier and there was at least 4 feet of snow. If you didn't stay on the paths, you sunk....deep. We did a lot of sledding and my dad and I went for a snowmobile ride out into the meadow. He actually wanted to race me. I , of course won, but he probably let me. It was so much fun we didnt' want to leave. We will have to go up there again before all the snow melts.
Kelsie had fun too. She invited one of her friends to come up with us.
Toby's first haircut
Toby got his first haircut last week. I didn't think he would be able to sit still, but he did really well. He lasted about 45 minutes then was DONE! I had to take him back a couple of days later to finish the cut.
BEFORE
AFTER
Isn' he such a cutie! He is so much fun most of the time. He has his puppy tendencies, but we are trying to break those. I am happy to say that he is housetrained. YEH!!! It wasn't that hard either. He now goes to the door when he needs to go to the bathroom. YEH again! We also have him crate trained meaning when we are not at home, he is in his kennel and he is ok with that...... most of the time.
Kierra basketball
Kierra decided to play basketball this year. ONe of her friends talked her into it and I'm glad. She has had a lot of fun with it and is finally getting into the groove of playing. They have only won a couple of games, but the coach says that this is the best time he has ever coached because all the girls get along so well. She only has one more game next week and then softball starts.

1 comments:
It was fun to have you guys stay a night. It was fun staying up late and talking. Love you guys! Glad things are going well and you are feeling better. I am the same way....can't sit still for to long.
Post a Comment