I have always wanted to go repelling. I know - I have gotten more afraid of heights as I have gotten older, but I really have always wanted to try it. The young women were able to go last night. It was so much fun. Yes it was scary the first time I went down, but the second time - it was so much fun!!! We went up north of town on some cliffs that already had the anchors in them. We asked one of the seminary teachers here if he would take us and he said he would be glad to. He has done it many times and he also rock climbs and wasn't the least afraid of height. He was making me a little nervous how he would walk to the edge and look over. AHHHH!! You won't see me walking to the edge without some kind of rope in my hand. This is why I have never hiked Angels Landing in Zion. I hear its a little scary in some spots. I have always had a fear that one of my kids will fall off a cliff and so I don't even go there.
We had about seven girls go (mostly Beehives) and all but 2 tried it. I was so impressed!! I would have loved to have my camera at the top to catch the girls' face as they first stepped over the edge. Priceless!! Everyone had a good time. Even those that didn't quite make it over the edge, at least they tried it and climbed to the top of the cliff. We are going to try and find a place at Girls Camp where he can come and do it again and then do a fireside on how life compares to repelling. It will be awesome!! The cliff I would say was at least 100 or more feet. None of us thought that it was going to be that high when we signed up, but we did it!!
Brother Hanson says we are his first group of girls that he has taken and we were tougher than the boys! He was probably just saying that to make us feel better.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Look what I did!
Posted by Jay and Jill at 7:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Pretty impressive. Looks fun! Way to conquer your fear!
Post a Comment