Monday, June 7, 2010

Backtrack

It was so busy during the month of May that I didn't have a chance to tell you about the elementary strings program. They have an excellent teacher that moved here a couple years ago. She takes it very seriously which is something the kids have to get used to. She has really turned the program around here in Kanab. This was the girls first year in strings and they really enjoyed it. I even found them practicing at home at times without even asking them. The violin is something that i wished I had learned to play when I was younger. Maybe someday they can teach me.

They went to their very first every competition. Most of them have only been playing for one year and they all did so great. They came home with an excellent trophy. I think they were the only elementary there. All of the other groups (band and strings) were from middle schools from around the area.




The Fearsome Foursome Friends. Maybe someday they can play a quartet.



Dance Recital
The girls had their end of year dance recital. They did a great job. My mom and dad came down to watch. We got their 15 - 20 minutes early and had to sit in the balcony. The place was packed and some people even had to stand. It was all a great performance. As usual, I got there and went to turn on my video camera and guess what?........ you got it - my battery was dead!! That happens so much. You would think that I would learn to check the battery a couple of hours before an event, but that would take remembering and lately, I am not too good at remembering anything.
This is the only picture that I got of them. It was a hectic night!!!






0 comments: