Saturday, October 30, 2010

Time Out for Women



My mom was just one of the girls! While we were all standing together in the lobby I noticed my mom off to the side just staring at us. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I can't believe I had all you girls. I gave birth to all of you besides Kelsie." I think she must have been having one of those grateful moments.



Last weekend my mom, five sisters and Kelsie went to Las Vegas for a girls retreat. It was a welcome retreat and we all had such a wonderful time. I was so glad that my sister Kim was able to fly in from San Antonio to be with us. It is just not the same without her witty humor. Wendy also flew in from Salt Lake. It was such a blessing being with all of them. This year since Kelsie was 18 we decided to invite her. She probably saw a side of her grandma and aunts that she has never seen before. It was SO much fun! My sister, Heather's father-in-law got us a good deal on some rooms at the Mandalay Bay and they were great rooms! 2 room suites that were lavishly decorated. Really nice! And the best part was each room had 2 bathrooms. With that many women you need all the bathrooms you can get. We spent two nights there, did some shopping and attended the women's conference sponsored by Deseret Book. I an honestly say that this was probably the best women's conference that I have been too. There was not a dull moment. Every speaker and singer had such wonderful stories to share and the spirit was so strong. Some of the speakers were: John Bytheway, Brad Wilcox, Linda Eyre and her daughter, Jill Mannning, Mercy River, Dallin Vail Bayles, Kris Belcher, and Ardeth Kapp. They all were so wonderful! It was a great weekend. We are already planning on going next year!

I was really glad Kelsie came. She had the option of going to Frightmares! at Lagoon with her friends but decided to go with us instead. Yeh Kelsie!



the hotel lobby of the Mandalay Bay. We actually stayed in The Hotel which is a part of Mandalay Bay but nicer. The first night we went to Olive Garden to eat and while we were sitting there a guy that was sitting at a large table next to us asked us if we were there for a certain race that was going on the next day. I guess it was a compliment that we all looked
in good shape. I don't know, but then we told him no and then he asked us if we were from Utah. How could he tell? Were we that obvious? Fun times!


1 comments:

Tiffini said...

How fun, I wish my sisters and Mom could do that too!!