Fire Safety week was held a couple of weeks ago. As part of this, our local volunteer firemen held an open house at the fire station where they had many activities. They had a room that you could go in and it simulated a burning house - there was fake smoke and you had to get down low so you could see. They also had a tent set up that they would use if they needed to spray someone down that had chemicals on them. Refreshements were provided also, but the best thing that the girls loved was the rides in the fire trucks. I think they went at least 3 or 4 times in the fire trucks around the neighborhood. I even went once with them. We got to put on the headphones. This is how the firemen communicate because the engine is so loud. They are kind of like walkie talkies headphones. I was in the firetruck with the driver and four 11 year olds. They were non stop talking on those headphones. I am sure the driver was really amused by them. It was fun!
Back to Blogging
12 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment