I have had many animals in my lifetime. Many, many cats a few dogs, a couple of rabbits that got out of their cages and eaten by dogs, rats (fancy rats), and the latest that we have had for about a year and a half was Peek-a-Boo, Kierra's guinea pig. I say was because I gave her away today. The girls did not play with her very often and I got tired of always feeding her, changing her cage, and just plain taking care of it. And now that the weather has turned cold, I felt bad leaving her outside and DID NOT want to bring her back inside. We decided a few weeks ago that we would try to find a good home for it. Well today as I was in the teacher's lounge, I got talking with one of the kindergarten teachers and she mentioned that their classroom guinea pig had just died. ONe of the kindergarten kids had taken it home and while she was playing with it, their dogs got a hold of it. Sad, sad story. Anyway, she said that she would take it, but thought it would be a good idea if I let the little girl adopt it from us and then donate it to her classroom so she would feel better about the situation. When I told Kierra that I found a good home for it and told her where, she said that the kindergartners were going to kill it. She was very sad that I was going to give it away. I felt SO bad!!!!! I had alread talked to the teacher and the little girls mom and had it all arranged. I really thought she would be okay with the idea. Well, we came home and she said her goodbyes amidst tears and I really felt like a HORRIBLE mother! Everyone says she will get over it. Now they want a bunny!!!!!! NO! NO! NO!
Kierra is holding Peek-A-Boo. These were the pictures that we were going to use for our flyer we were going to make to find a good home. Being in Best Friend country, I'm sure we would have found a good home with no problem.
This is our cat, Roxy (or Kitty Kat) as we call her. She thinks she is a flower in this flower pot. She has been sleeping in this pot lately. Not sure why. She is a funny, funny cat and very spoiled. The neighbors call her Miss Kitty. She also loves to go visit them every day.

1 comments:
Jill, cute blog! Your family picture is cute, goodluck with the new family pics today!
Kelly
Post a Comment