Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Break!!!!!!!!

Well Spring break is finally here and I am so glad! I need a little vacation from work. It seems the kids at school are so ready for school to be out. This time of year can be a little hectic. Some of the kids have already shut down and do not want to learn any more this year and then their are others that are so willing they can't get enough of what you teach them. There is so much testing during this last month. Did I say last month? Yes....we only have about 6 more weeks of school. YEH!!!!! I am teaching summer school this year, but it will only be for 3 weeks and only until 12:00 each day. Won't be so bad. It will actually get me out of the house a little during the summer.

So as for now, I am grateful that spring break is here and I am going to enjoy it. The past few days have been really hectic for me. Me and a friend decided that we would be in charge of the softball program for Kanab. I didn't agree with some of the things they were doing last year so they asked if I would help be in charge of it this year (I guess I should have kept my mouth shut). The people that have done it in the past moved so they needed help with it. We had tryouts on Monday and Tuesday and then yesterday we got together, put the teams together, and went and previewed the shirts we are going to order. It has been a lot of work, but I am satisfied with how things are moving along. The next thing is making a schedule. This might be a little more difficult. We have 7 teams put together in ages ranging from 7 - 15 and then there is a Fredonia team. We will probably start play the end of April or the beginning of May.



Kennedie's Easter Treats


Kennedie had another store in her fourth grade class this past week. We decided to make some fun Easter treats for her to sell. She sold out most of the things she had and made a lot of money.
.

We made cupcakes and decorated some with green frosting with green coconut and jelly beans on top and some with pink swirl frosting.

These were bird nests. I made them with crunchy oriental noodles and chocolate with jelly beans on top and a marshmallow chick sitting on the side. Kennedie also had about 40 or so plastic eggs that we filled with candy that sold out.

This is Kennedie in her class during her store time. Her friend, Payton was helping her. They have lots of fun doing this. Next month is Kierra's turn again.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A HAPPY EASTER!!

0 comments: