Sunday, May 17, 2009

Catching up

It's been awhile since we have posted. I have been so very busy these last couple of weeks. Softball has started and I am helping coach Kierra and Kennedie's team. We have played two games and have won one and tied the other so we are doing good and the girls are having fun. We have four more games to go and then the process of rounding up all the equipment begins. I have enjoyed being a part of the softball prgram, but it has been very time consuming. Hopefully next year it will go a little easier since we know what we will be doing.
Two weeks ago we went to Salt Lake to my sister, Wendy's baby blessing. What a joy that was. I never thought Wendy was going to be able to have any kids and now she is happily married with a little girl of her own and I am so happy for her!! We stayed with my other sister and their family. While we were there we went bowling, went to a movie and just enjoyed being with family.


I took this picutre of Isabella in ther blessing dress. My mom made it. Isn't she cute?

Last week we headed to Manti to help my sister, Brittani, with her end of year show. Since moving to Manti a couple of years ago she has started up her own musical theatre & dance company. She does a great job. I was totally amazed at what she put together all by herself. She is so talented!!!! She asked me to take her class pictures and if any other girls wanted their individual pictures taken behind the backdrop that my mom painted (she is equally as talented). It really turned out to be a bigger project than I thought. Many of the girls wanted their pictures taken. I have sent them out to be developed so I am anxiously awaiting them to come back to see how they turned out.

Mothers Day

I had a great mothers day. After attending Kelsie's friend Matt's farewell, we went home and Jay made dinner for us. He makes the best steaks!! and potatoes!!! The kids all gave me some really nice cards and I had a relaxing day. When I got home from Manti the night before, Jay had a huge flower arrangment waiting for me. It was beautiful!!! They smell so good.


Aren't they pretty? I think one of the girls took this picture. I'm glad because I forgot to.

Birthday
I also had a great birthday. One off the classes I work with at school sang to me. It was a little embarassing. Jay took me and the kids out to dinner and then I opened my presents when we got home. I really wasn't expecting anything because we recently had to buy a new stove a week before because our old one (which was only two years old) burned up. Jay kept telling me that that was my birthday present. YEH. So really wasn't expecting anything. So when I unwrapped a Wii and a Wii Fit, i was really surprised! He also got me a fire bowl so we can roast marshmallows in the backyard. I never thoguht we would buy a Wii because I don't like the kids sitting there playing video games, but as Kierra put it "it is a game that brings you closer together as a family". We have enjoyed playing it, especially the kids. I had a good birthday!



I'm not much of a cake person, so we had one of my favorites. Banana Cream Pie!!!






We are also watching Ta'kara 4 or 5 nights a week from 4 until about 11:00 pm. So this is also keeping us busy with a one year old. She is walking all over the place. You can definately tell when she has been at our house. There are dolls and stuffed animals everywhere. She always makes us laugh and is lots of fun.

Yesterday I spent most of the day planting flowers. In the past, I would have had all my flowers planted already, but just haven't had time this year so I finally got them planted yesterday or at least most of them.

0 comments: