Time for another update on what has been going on the past couple of weeks. First of all, SCHOOLS OUT!!! YEH!!! We have had one whole week off of school and boy, has this week gone by fast. I hope the summer doesn't go by this fast! Here are a few of the happenings in our world.
Field Trip
I went on the 4th grade field trip with the girls. Each grade goes someplace different about a week before school gets out. We spent the day at Coral Pink Sand dunes. It was such a great day. Most of the day was overcast and their was NO WIND!! Which was amazing. The wind always blows in the springtime in Kanab. So there was no wind and the temperature was in the 70's most of the day. PERFECT! I didn't even put sunscreen on the girls and they didn't get sunburned. While the girls were busy playing with their friends in the sand, I laid there enjoying the partial sun that was coming through. They served us hot dogs, chips, and drinks for lunch. It was a great day.
I decided to bring our snow sled thing. I have heard of other people doing this as well as using tubes to go down the sand hill. DIDN'T WORK! In order for it to barely go down, you had to go down a very steep hill and try holding on so you wouldn't slide off the sled.
This same night, Kelsie and Kalin had their final music concert. I didn't take my cameras because I wanted to enjoy the performance. It seems while I am juggling cameras, I miss the actual performance. I am sad that I didn't take my video camera this time because Kelsie sang in a quintet that got superior at state and this was the first time I had heard it. They did a good job. Kelsie tried out for Xpress again and made it. She is also going to be soprano section leader next year. This is a great honor for her and she is really excited.
This was also Kalin's last band concert of the year except he wasn't there to perform. He had been sick that day with a bad cough and sore throat so we opted not to let him perform and get any of the other kids sick. Thanks mom and dad for coming out to hear them perform. We appreciate your support!
Happy Birthdady Jay!
For Jay's birthday we had some of his family over for dinner and cake and ice cream. It was a lot of fun. We set up my fire bowl and most of the kids roasted marshmallows and had smores while the others just sat and visited. We gave him a gift certificate to get new seat covers for his dune buggy which is in the shop getting fixed. Hopefully it will be a new buggy by the time it is done. The word is "hopefully". We've had a few issues with it the past month or two.

2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY!
The twins are so cute, I can't believe how they have grown.. Hey, I cannot access Kelsie's blog anymore, I guess I am not invited, will you have her invite me...if she wants to anyway.
Post a Comment