There were originally about 270 graduates and only about 60 attended so it wasn't a great turnout, but the people I wanted to see were there.
WOW!! I can't believe that I graduated 20 years ago. I am getting old although I don't feel like it. Jay and I went to my 20 year Pine View High School reunion this past Saturday. The reunion actually started on Friday with a basketball game of all the players that played back then against our rival , Dixie High. We didn't go to that, but I heard it was a lot of fun except Pine View lost to Dixie. I would have loved to see those guys huffing and puffing it out there. KCSG of St. George was there and did a little clip on the game. To see the clip here is the link:
http://www.kcsg.com/sports/47112602.html?video=YHI&t=a
Saturday they had a picnic lunch for all the classmates and their families, and once again, we did not make it. We were headed out and then got a phone call from someone in Cedar City that wanted to come and look at our tent trailer we put up for sale the other day. We want to sell it so I sacrificed and we stuck around town long enough for these people to drive from Cedar to come and look at it. They ended up buying it for a little less than what we wanted for it and now we have no trailer anymore. So I was a little bummed that we did not make it to the picnic. There were some classmates there that could not make the dinner so I guess I will either have to wait 10 more years or find them on Facebook - which is a great thing!!
We did make it to the Saturday dinner/program for classmates and their spouses. I was kind of nervous at first to go because I am not a talkative person and wasn't sure about going, but I had a great time!! I saw a lot of my friends that I haven't seen in a long time. The thing about my reunion that even Jay noticed was that most of the women (not all) there did not look there age, only younger and most of the guys there looked a lot older than they were. I didn't recogniz a lot of the guys there, but most of the girls I recognized and had not changed much. I hope Jay had a good time. He didn't know anybody when we got there and I'm so glad he went with me and met my good friends because I had some good supportive friends.
I won a prize there for being only 1 of 3 who were grandparents. Woo Hoo!!! I won a nice t-shirt that has the Pine view logo on it. So I think I will wear it to some of the Kanab Cowboy games and see what people say. GO PANTHERS!!!!
"DOGTOWN" group - meaning the kids who lived in Washington City. Our class comprised of kids from Washington City, Bloomington, and Bloomington Hills. Back then Washington was known as "Dogtown" because I think Washington City was the poorest class of the bunch, I guess. This a group that I grew up with since Kindergarten. Many of them were not there and I was sad about that. Great group of friends!!
These were two of my best friends growing up. We were also in the same ward most of my growing up years. ONe lives in St. George still and the other lives in the Phoenix area. I was excited to see them all!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment