Saturday, August 29, 2009

Back to School

We're all back in school again. WOW!! i still can't believe how fast the summer went. I was talking to one of the teacher's the other day and she felt like we had never left school for the summer.

Kierra and Kennedie decided this year that they wanted to be in different classes. As of yet, they have always been in the same class and had the same teacher. So we decided to give it a try. So far, things have worked out good except for the fact that all of the friends that they both usually play with are in Kierra's class. Kennedie was a little sad about this, but hopefully it will broaden her horizon in making a few new friends along the way. But I think having them in different classes will be a good thing. After the first day of class, they couldn't stop talking about what they each did in their classes. At least this will give them a little more to talk about. They are in fifth grade this year and growing fast, especially Kennedie. She is at least an inch or two taller than Kierra now. They will both probably be taller than me before too long.


Kalin started his Sophomore year in school. He has been staying a little more at his dad's so I didn't get to take his picture this year. He is on the golf team again and has already been to a couple of the tournaments. He does well for the most part, but he could do better if he put his whole heart into it. One of Kalin's classes that he has is woodworking. He is enjoying this class. Unfortunatley, this class took the place of him playing the saxophone in the band. We really debated whether or not to let him quit band. He has been playing for three years now and he says he did not want to play anymore. So instead of forcing him to do something he didn't have the passion for anymore, we let him get into a class that he would really enjoy and could use later in his life. Hope we made the right decision.




Kelsie is starting her senior year. She is growing up so fast and is such a beautiful girl. She is in the school choir again and is also going to try out for some of the plays again this year along with working at the grocery store. She certainly keeps busy. One of her classes is an internship with a dentist. She is learning to be a dental assistant. I didn't think that she would like it, but she does. She really enjoys it. Hopefully this will be good experience for her and she will be able to get a job after high school somewhere as a dental assistant.


As for me, I am back out in the reading lab as a reading specialist. This first week of school we haven't done too much except do a little cleaning and helping some of the teachers test their students. Monday we will start our full day schedule with students.
I have also been busy trying to get a groove going with the young women progarm. So many people told me what a busy job this would be and they were right!!! But I think that after we as a presidency get things run how we want them to run, things will be smoother and I won't be as stressed out as I have been these past few weeks. So far though, this calling has been very rewarding. I am being taught new things on a daily basis and the girls are great!!

(SOrry I didn't get a picture of me on my first day) HA HA hA

1 comments:

Britt said...

WOW!! Kelsie looks gorgeous in that picture!! I can't believe she is a senior. I still would love to go to New York next year if you are still planning on taking Kelsie!