Sunday, August 2, 2009

My new calling

I received a new calling today in church. Previously I have been in Enrichment and I have loved it! I loved planning programs and classes and things like that and it didn't require me to be in Sunday every week. Not that I don't go to church every week, but during the summer, we are gone a lot and it was nice not having to worry about having to be in our own ward each week. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, the bishop called Jay and I into his office and my first thought was, "Oh no, what did we do" or "what new calling is Jay getting.
Well we sat down in his office and he asked us a few questions and then asked the BIG ONE!! He offered me the new calling of Young Women's President!!!!! I was shocked!!! I have always had a desire to be in the YW program, but never had the desire to be president! I've never been much of a leader, but more of a just tell me what to do and I will do it kind of person. But everyone I have talked to says I will do a good job, including Jay. He has been very supportive and will need to continue to be. I'm excited , but also a little nervous at this new direction in my life and I know that it will help me learn and grow as I help the YW in our ward.

4 comments:

Gull Family said...

Jill you will do an awesome job it is in your blood. And again thank you for the pictures of the wedding they turned out awesome

Mills Family said...

WOW! I think you'll do a great job!

Macias Family said...

YEAH for you!! I know that you will do great job!! Your Bishop was truly inspired!! Good Luck.

Britt said...

Congrats!!! I think you will do awesome!!! I just got released from the YWs!!