Sunday, August 16, 2009

Painting, painting, painting

So there was a week left until school started and there is still a lot that I wanted to get done before I had to go back to work. One of the things that I really have wanted to do is change my kitchen somehow. It all started with getting new rugs. Our old rugs were pretty worn out on the bottom and Jay said I could get new ones. That's all I needed to hear. I went online and found some I really liked that are also washable.
When they got here, they had some colors in them that I wanted to bring out so I decided to paint a couple walls. That couple walls turned into 3 walls in the kitchen and then repainting the entire living room and also part of the kitchen cabinets. This process took 3 days and by the end of 3 days, I was DONE!!!! Here are a few pictures I took.



Before I started painting


After putting the primer on the store said I needed

The finished result. It took some getting used to. I have never had much real color in my house, especially red tones so this was a big jump for me. Besides the new paint and pictures on the walls, there is one difference from the first picture and the last picture. Can you tell what it is?




Kierra and Kennedie helped out a lot. It would have taken me a lot longer than it did if they wouldn't have helped. they also did a great job!!! Kelsie helped paint the living room. Also a great help! thanks girls!

Did you figure out what the difference was in the two pictures?
In the living room through the kitchen doorway, in the first picture the couch is against the wall. In the second picture we rearranged the furniture in the living room and now the piano is against the wall. This was Kennedie and Kierra's idea to rearrange the furniture. They told me what should go where and I told them we would try it. It looks good and actually looks like there is a little more room. Thanks again girls!


4 comments:

Mills Family said...

WOW! I love that color, it looks great!

Tiffini said...

Looks good! I like color it livens things up!

Kaylie Jean said...

Thanks for the comment on my photo blog! Im really glad you like the pictures :] that makes me very happy haha. My family also loved the pictures that you took!! You did such a awesome job!! They loved all of them so much! They all turned out great :] Thanks again!!-kaylie

Britt said...

It looks good! I really like the red!!