Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving Jay and I went up to Salt Lake and had Thanksgiving dinner with my sister Wendy and her husband, Steve and his brother's family. It turned out really nice. Nothing like being with your whole family, but we were just grateful that we had somewhere to go. Thanks Wendy and Steve for inviting us. We didn't have the kids this year so we tried to make the best of our trip. Wednesday night we went to the Trans-Siberian concert which I have already blogged about and Thursday night we went to the Jazz game. It was a good game except the end when we kind of blew the Chicago bulls away. I think we ended up beating them by about 20 points. Before the game we were able to go down underneath and have another dinner for free. They had halibut, chicken, fried rice, fruit, and a bunch of different salads. And then during half time we went down again and had some free drinks an snacks. The tickets that were given to us came with meal tickets. It was pretty cool.
We also had some good entertainment that sat across the aisle from us. There were four guys that were dressed up in the old style Jazz uniforms. You know when they used to wear the short short purple uniforms. They were hilarious. One of the guys who was sitting on the end was so funny to watch. He got a lot of air time on the jumb tron. He would dance and yell. Let's just say that the security guys kept a close eye on him.
Wendy and Steve. They were pretty tired at this point. They haven't got much sleep lately because of Bella. The game didn't start until 8:30 and got over around 11:30. Thenigt before we all didn't get to bed until at least midnight.

Can you see the guy behind us? He was the most hilarious guy. I guess he wanted to get in the picture with us. Can you see the rest of his crew behind him in their uniforms? Most of them just sat there while the one guy made a fool of himself.

Friday morning Wendy and I decided that if for some reason we were awake to go shopping, we would go do the early morning thing. Well Wendy was up at 5:15 so she came and woke me up and we went. We went to Target first and I couldn't believe how long the line was. Wendy wanted one item and when she went to get it, they were gone. I told her I had seen one that someone had put down in the wrong place (they probably got tired of waiting). I showed her where I saw it and it was still there and exactly what she went there for. Now to stand in line. I think the wait in line had to be at least an hour, which is ridiculous!! I told her to try the jewelry department. The line there was only about 10 people which wasn't bad. While Wendy waited in line I told her I was going to look around and to call me when she was about to check out. Well she called me about 5 minutes later and said she was checking out. I thought, "that was fast". I went back to where I left her and she was nowhere to be found. She then called me on my cell phone and told me she was in the regular check out line. What? How did she get in that line? Can you say BUTTER!!!! HA HA hA !!! Yes, she was in cahoots with another lady in line and somehow she got into the regular line. That is how you get in and out of Target on Black Friday in only 20 minutes. We shopped for another couple of hours and headed back to her house. Later that day Jay and I did some more shopping. By the end of that day, I was exhausted!!! And I didn't even get all my shopping done.

Saturday Jay and I did more shopping then headed home. On our way we hit a snowstorm in Panguitch. It was coming down pretty hard. Jay didn't seem to worried. Luckily there weren't too many cars on the road going south. We did get stuck behind a car that had Florida license plates. They were going about 25 mph. We ended up passing them. A few minutes later, we looked in rear view mirror and those peope were gone. We are not sure what happened to them. They were going to slow, they may have not made it up the hill that we were going up.

We had a great weekend. It went by WAY to fast! Hope you all had a good one!

0 comments: