Kanab had there first major snowfall this year. It was major. It snowed all day long and all night. I didn't get much sleep that night because the power kept flickering on and off and I heard a lot of crackling outside. I don't think we have gotten this much snow in one day. We got about 8 inches in one day. Mind you, that is not a lot for some of you, but for our poor trees and flowers here in Kanab, it was WAY TOO MUCH. This snowstorm too down most of our Christmas lights on our house and also took down part of our massive Russian olive tree that shades our back yard in the summer time. We knew this tree would need to come down someday, but not on it's own!! Two huge limbs broke off and took out part of my apple tree and also bent part of our chain link fence. We were very lucky to not have the main part of the tree fall because guess what?.... we wouldn't have a house anymore. We are not sure whether we are just going to cut the whole thing down or what. I am very sad that our shade will be gone this next summer, but somewhat happy because I am allergic to this tree in the springtime.
What is wrong with these two pictures? Leave me a comment and let me know!
You can kind of see both limbs that broke off and fell to the ground. The one on the left took out my apple tree and the one on the right took out the swing set and bent the fence.
There is only one part of the tree left standing and it is leaning toward the house. SCARY!!

2 comments:
Oh poor Joseph's nose someone needs to wipe it for him ;) I totally wish I was coming to the Christmas party, but sad to say were not this year. If I was I would have given you a haircut. If your ever up here again I'll totally do it.
Hope that tree just stays put and not any closer to your house, kinda scary.
How funny, I didn't even notice his nose until I read Tiffini's comment. Love the header picture! Where is Takara though, she needs to strangle someone ;)
Post a Comment