Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break! What break!

Have you ever watched the show Hoarders? If not, it is a reality type show that shows real people and how they live as hoarders. It is totally disgusting and I am not sure how people live like that. One episode we watched - a lady had over 50 cats in her house that was totally in disaray. Boxes everywhere, garbage everywhere, piles of clothes everywhere - you get the picture. The cats were living amongst these piles. Psycologists and professionaly organizers go in and try and help clean up the place. While they were cleaning up this house, they found at least 10 - 15 dead cats. IN HER HOUSE SHE WAS LIVING IN!!! GROSS!! Watching these episodes makes me want to keep my house with less clutter. So that is what I have been doing over spring break. We first tackled the twins room. I think we took out over 6 bags of clothes that didn't fit or toys they no longer wanted and two bags of garbage. We then repainted all the walls the colors they wanted. It turned out looking really nice.


Toby posed nicely for me. He will not leave my side. Saturday we left him outside for most of the day while we went to St. George. I think he was traumatized by it. He will not let me ou of his site!! And of course, he misses the girls.



We painted the bead board brown. It used to be white. It goes all the way around the room. We then painted two walls blue and two walls pink. They used to be a coral/pink color. We also repainted one of their bookshelves brown - it used to be lavender. And then we bought them a little book case. It looks really good. They really wanted both their beds on the floor, but the room is not very big and it would not have left them any room for anything else.
Today, I have been cleaning out my holiday/craft/board game closet. Threw away a big bag of stuff. I think watching this show has made me realize. DON'T HOLD ONTO ANYTHING UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU ARE GONIG TO BE USING IT!!! Give it away or throw it away. We also took a couple of bags to the D.I.



0 comments: